The other day I was talking with Brian Mills, he preceded to make fun of my blog! He said that I don’t write about Ministry very much. I said ohhhhhh ok! So I am challenging myself to blog strictly on ministry. This will be one week of ministry blogs, wish me luck!
What is ministry?
- Ministry is not just for the minister, or the pastor!
- Ministry is from the Greek word diakoneo, meaning “to serve” or douleuo, meaning “to serve as a slave.”
- Ministry is to be sold out to God as a slave to Him.
- Ministry is seen as service to God and to other people in His name.
- Jesus provided the pattern for Christian ministry—He came, not to receive service, but to give it (see Matthew 20:28; Mark 10:45; John 13:1-17).
- Ministry to others should be impartial and unconditional, always seeking to help others as Jesus would.
- Ministry can, and should, include ministering to the physical, emotional, mental, vocational, and financial needs of others. Jesus did, and so should we!
So I will be breaking down ministry this upcomming week..