- It is all about the person Jesus Christ.
- There is nothing going on that is not about the person Jesus Christ. Leadership is about knowing and following Jesus Christ.
- The only thing I had going for me in elementary school was that I was fast. So I wanted to race everybody. But before you race, you always have to ask a question:
Where are we racing to?
- So if you are on your mark, I think we need to ask where are you going? We are all going to a common destination, and it is important that we all get our minds around this.
- Your life is shaped by the end you live for. You are made in the image of what you desire.-Thomas Merton
- We all a have a common end at the end… the face of the Son of God. We are on a collision course with the face of the Son of the living God. From Him are all things. Through Him are all things. And to Him are all things.
- And I believe that leadership is choosing wisely to see His face and to reflect His face to the world. 1 Corinthians 13:8 tells that love never fails but abilities fade away. You have to say, “I as a leader am determined to know the face of Jesus and reflect that face.” Jesus has the face that has launched thousands of churches and has raised from the grave millions of people.
Two Things We Find on Jesus’ Face
- We find matchless beauty and significance, and it is what we were made for. It is what our souls were made for. A.W. Tozer says,”God formed us for His pleasure, and so formed us that we as well as He can in divine communion enjoy the sweet and mysterious mingling of kindred personalities. He meant us to see Him and live in Him and draw our life from His smile.”
- If you want a heart that is beautiful, generous, and pure, it is on the face of Jesus. And reflecting His face shapes us into that. Anyone who sets out for anything else other than the face of God, will be turned into that, which is less than what God wants for your life.
- The confidence and the courage to be the leaders we need to be.It is not about you. It is all about Jesus. And you know that when you see the face of Jesus. We have to rise up out of “we don’t have enough money to do that” and “that would be crazy to do that.” We must not be afraid. Jesus is the head and not you. And Jesus is unstoppable.
- When the world says, “I found God on your face,” that is leadership.